Remote birding - what does it mean?

You'll probably know what birding means - yes, it's watching the birds i.e birdwatching. But remote birding?

Well, in remote birding you don't need binoculars, scope nor camera, but you must have internet connection and TV to watch birds.

So, I'm trying to see and identify birds in live TV broadcasts and through online webcams. I will not pay any attention to recordings or movies, all the birds must be out there somewhere right at the same moment when I see them. I'm also trying to capture photos of all the birds, whenever it's possible.

At this moment this is just an experiment - I'm just curious on how many bird species I can see and identify via cables!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verreaux's Eagle aka African Black Eagle at Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden, Roodeport, South Africa

Big hummingbirds at Buenaventura Reserve, Ecuador

From South Africa: Yellow Wagtail, Common Buzzard, Natal Spurfowl and Red-eyed Dove